Monday, August 20, 2012

Pinterest

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just set up a Pinterest account yesterday! I always wondered what it was. I knew that it was sort of like an online bulletin board, but I didn't really fully "get it" until I started playing around with it. And now I can see why everyone says it's so addictive!

For those of you who haven't tried it out yet, I definitely suggest that you give it a whirl! What you do is set up different "boards." These are categories of things you may like. A few of the boards I set up are: "I <3 Zombies", "Pretty Food", "Amazing Tattoos", "Whimsical Places to Live", etc..! You can make as many boards as you would like. Then, when you find a picture that you like online somewhere or on Pinterest, you pin it to your particular board so that you can always find it and have access to it. It's sort of a fun way to organize ideas, recipes, crafts, DIY projects, photos or anything else that you find inspirational.

As an artist, I am really enjoying it so far! I think it will be a great way to make "inspirational" boards for upcoming paintings. Working on a steampunk piece? Just make a steampunk board and pin awesome inspirational photos of steampunk jewelry, clothes, artwork etc.. I'm really looking forward to using it in the future.

I also wanted to let you know that I have uploaded my entire portfolio of work to Pinterest! So you are more than welcome to repin any of my work if you would like to boards that you have on your account. Here's my Pinterest account. And here's the board with all of my artwork!

Now, if only I can get off of Pinterest and get some actual painting done!


No comments:

Post a Comment