Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Arden - "Whimsical Wash" Original Painting #1 of 5 - Facebook Auction

I'm having a new auction on my Facebook Fan Page! Bid on it here.

~Original Whimsical Wash Painting - Arden #1/5 - This is one of my brand new creations! I call them Whimsical Washes and they're sort of a combination between a limited edition print and an original painting.

What I did was print out the linework on watercolor paper for my piece Arden. You can see the original painting here.

Then I painted it in very light washes and also added darker textures around the edges. I really like the loose flowing style that you can achieve with watercolor, but I don't often get to paint like this, so it was really fun!

So, what I was thinking is that I will create these Whimsical Washes for some of my paintings! Obviously some of my paintings will work better for this than others. Super detailed pieces will probably not work well. So I can't promise all of my pieces will be turned into Whimsical Washes, but I'm sure that a lot of them will!
They will be limited editions of only 5.

This painting measures 8x10" and is signed, titled, dated on the front along with the limited edition number. The actual piece of paper measures 8.5x11" so there is a small white border in case you want to mat or frame it.
 
Hope you enjoy it! If you would like to bid on this piece, you can do so here.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment