Saturday, June 9, 2012

Kenda - Work in Progress - ACEO Painting

I was working on a surprise all Friday...meet Kenda my new ACEO painting! For those of you who aren't familiar with ACEOs, they are miniature pieces of art that measure 2.5x3.5". I actually started out painting ACEOs exclusively and didn't branch out into larger pieces for a few years. Now, it's flip flopped and I haven't painted an ACEO in a couple years, so I thought it was time that I painted one again. I left my paint brush next to the card so you could see just how tiny she is! This is a sketch that I drew a few months ago. I thought she would look really cute as an ACEO. She is being painted in very vibrant colors of pink, yellow/gold and purple.

Now, a question for you all. I will be offering these ACEOs up as auction style listings. I'm debating between using eBay or creating Facebook auctions. What do you all prefer?

I plan on making many more ACEOs. These may or may not be turned into full paintings one day. But, another surprise, I have decided to use these ACEO pieces to launch a new set of images available for commercial use!! This is something that has been asked of me frequently, so I'm so excited to finally offer my art to you for light, handmade commercial use directly from me. I will be offering printable digital stamps and also printable colored graphics for use in card making, scrapbooking, jewelry making and any other handmade crafts. And the best part is, you will be able to sell your finished creations! I will be sure to let you all know more details as I figure everything out. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment