Sunday, November 27, 2011

Linework for New Painting + Winner of Naming Contest

Wow! I have to say that you all have outdone yourselves this time with this naming contest. There were so many names suggested and they were all so beautiful. It was definitely hard to decide which name to choose.

I decided to name my newest piece Cheyanna. I just think the name is so beautiful and fits the piece perfectly! Congratulations to Michelle Butler who suggested the name!! Michelle, please contact me at nikki@aurella-art.com to claim your 5x7" print of the finished piece!

This linework was quite time consuming to complete as the piece is so intricate with many different lines. I'm so happy that it's done so that I can move on to the next part of the process! I will transfer the lines to my final watercolor paper and ink them with brown ink. Then I get to start painting it! I'm very excited to work on this piece and will of course share pictures with you all along the way.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in my naming contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment