Thursday, May 3, 2012

Winner of Naming Contest - Fire Witch Painting

Well, after much thought on all the fabulous names suggested, I have come to a decision about the names for my new Fire Witch painting. And the winner is....Heather Savino! Her suggestion that I chose is Serafina for the witch and Firenze for the phoenix. So the full name of the piece will be Serafina and Firenze. Heather will win a 5x7" print of the finished piece.

When choosing the name, I was looking for a clear distinction between the witch name and the phoenix name. I think it's pretty easy to determine which name goes with the witch and which name goes with the phoenix. Serafina sounds like such a pretty witch name, especially one with fire abilities. Heather also found that it means burning one, which is pretty neat! I also loved the name of Firenze for the phoenix. It just sounds like a powerful name for such a magical creature.

All of the names were of course fabulous! I really appreciate all the time and effort you all put into the names by researching the different meanings. It means so much to me and thank you for participating! I have lots of naming contests, so there will be plenty of other chances to win. Thanks again! =)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki! Thanks so much for choosing my names! I'm so glad you liked them. And to think that I almost didn't enter this one...well, I'm very glad I made it before the contest ended! I can't wait to see this one finished. It's got lots of detail just the way I like them. Thanks again!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete