Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Paintings - Morrigane, Alondra & Medwin and a Personal Commission

Whew, I sure have been busy the past couple weeks! I have finished up three large paintings that I've been working on for a couple months now. I've been alternating between them, so it was fun to wrap them all up at the same time. I thought I'd take a moment to show you all the finished pieces!

Morrigane

Morrigane is my first big finish of 2013! She measures 8x10" and is a commissioned painting. My client wanted me to depict traditional elements of The Morrigan mixed with personality traits of herself. They combined together to create this beautiful character that I was so excited to be able to paint!

Because this was a commissioned painting, the original has already been sold. But prints and products of this piece will soon be available in my Etsy shop here.


Alondra & Medwin

I have another exciting new painting to share with you all today! This was another commissioned painting titled Alondra & Medwin. This is part of a 4 painting series of elemental witches. I have already completed the first in the series "Serafina & Firenze" that depicts the fire element. Alondra & Medwin is the second in the series and depicts the water element.

This was such a fun piece to paint and probably my most detailed painting to date. Between all the carvings and detail in the back and the intricate coral reef elements in the front...not to mention the witch and the seahorse...I spent hours upon hours on this piece from start to finish. But it was so much fun to do and I enjoy seeing this piece alongside it's companion piece. I can't wait to finish the rest of the series!

Again, this was a commissioned piece, so the original is already in a great home. But prints and products are available in my Etsy shop here.



Personal Commission

This is the third painting that I've wrapped up in the past couple weeks. And this is definitely a special one! I was approached a few months ago by a wonderful customer of mine who wanted a stylized portrait commission of her and her daughter.

Now those of you who follow my work know that I usually only paint things with wings, hats, fangs, tails, etc... lol. And I have never painted any children before. But this customer is so important to me, I just couldn't say no! And I'm really glad that I didn't.

It was such a challenging piece, but I really feel like I pushed myself a lot on this painting. And I'm really happy I got the opportunity to work on such a special piece for a special person! I hope that you all enjoy it. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment