Thursday, October 4, 2012

On the Drawing Board

Good news! I was commissioned to work on a full set of paintings of this cute steampunk piece, so you'll be seeing a lot more of her! I know of a lot of you liked her, so I wanted to let you know that she will eventually be a full, finished painting done in my normal style. I'm also doing a lineart version of her which is what I'm working on now and also a lineart plus a watercolor wash. It will sort of be a whole series done in all the different styles that I offer. I think it will be really fun!

I'm also planning on opening a section of my website called "Adoptables" or something similar where I will have all my Quick Sketches. I've done 17 of them at this point! And I have gotten a lot of questions as to whether they will become finished paintings at some point. So what I was thinking of doing is placing all these sketches up on my website where you can "Adopt" one of the images and commission me to complete a finished painting done in my usual style! The best part is, I think I will be able to offer these original paintings at a slightly reduced rate because a lot of the legwork is already done for the piece at that point. I'll be sure to keep you all up to date on how this project evolves! I would also love to hear your feedback on this project and if it's something you would be interested in seeing from me. =)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment