Monday, August 6, 2012

Vacation Journal - Oakridge/Portland/Seattle - Part 2

Check out the first part of my vacation journal here!

Day 3 - Wedding Day!

Once wedding day came around, we still had a lot of work to do in the morning! Our first task was making all of the desserts for the wedding. We made homemade pies and different size cupcakes. The cupcakes were already made by my mother-in-law, but we needed to defrost them and then ice them. We also needed to tackle about 50 miniature pies! We made the pie crust from scratch and made apple and berry fillings. Then cut out different shapes of pie crust to put on top. It was so much fun getting to make all of these adorable desserts with my family!

Me and my brother-in-law's girlfriend hard at work making pie!

Me adding cute toppers to the pies

Delicious raspberry and lemon flavored cupcakes. Aren't they so pretty?

My brother-in-law's girlfriend iced all the cupcakes! She did an amazing job.

Iced cupcakes with sparkly sprinkles!
After all the desserts were done, we all drove to the wedding site and what a beautiful site it was! Such a gorgeous location nestled amongst huge, green trees. Some other family members had been hard at work putting all the finishing touches to the site and I was just overwhelmed by how beautiful it was when we arrived. My sister-in-law and her husband chose a country chic theme and it came across so wonderfully in the decor and little details that were all around. Next, we all had to get ready!

Doing hair!

Putting on suspenders

The stunning bride and her bridesmaids!
After that, there was an amazing ceremony with lots of laughs and tears of happiness! It was the most touching ceremony I had ever seen. Then we had a delicious BBQ dinner and danced the night away to country tunes! Here are some of my favorite shots from the wedding.

My brother-in-law and his beautiful girlfriend!

One of my favorite pictures! Two handsome men in my life, my husband and my brother-in-law!

Beautiful girls and beautiful flowers!

The gorgeous bride and my amazing mother-in-law!

Our homemade desserts!

Cute country chic mason jar cups

An artsy photo of my husband and I

Our cute desserts

The big cupcake for the bride and groom

The happy new bride and groom!
I hope you all enjoyed photos of the wedding! After the wedding, we got to go visit a few other places. See the next part of my vacation journal here!

No comments:

Post a Comment